Our team of emergency plumbers is here to help, no matter how big or small the problem is. Here, we’ll cover what is considered a plumbing emergency and what to do in a plumbing emergency so you can keep yourself, your loved ones, and your property safe.
Common Plumbing Emergencies
Plumbing and gas emergencies involve situations that are dangerous to the property owner, occupants, and the property itself. For instance, gas leaks are one of the most serious plumbing emergencies, requiring immediate attention from a professional. Without prompt repair, gas leaks can lead to dangerous explosions.
Common plumbing emergencies include:
- Blocked drains
- Leaking taps
- Burst or leaking hot water systems
- Roof leaks that cannot be contained
- Leaking or burst water pipes that you cannot isolate
- Leaking drains
- Gas leaks
- Severe storm damage
- Severe fire damage
- Broken hot water system where there are vulnerable occupants (i.e. elderly individuals, immunocompromised individuals) who require hot water
When Do I Need An Emergency Plumber?
It can be difficult to know what counts as a plumbing emergency. Here are 5 signs you need an emergency plumber:
1. You Smell Gas
Gas leaks are a serious emergency. If you smell gas, contact an emergency plumber immediately and get you and your loved ones off the property.
2. You Cannot Isolate the Problem
If you are experiencing a water leak but can stop the flow, you may be able to set up a time during regular business hours for a plumber to assess the issue. If you cannot stop a leak, have an on-call emergency plumber evaluate the situation immediately.
3. The Public Is At Risk
Along with keeping yourself and your family safe, it is important to make sure your plumbing problem is not putting the public at risk. If you are a business owner, it is especially important to receive immediate emergency plumbing services.
4. Is There a Risk of Water Damage?
If the plumbing emergency is putting your home or business at risk of water damage, contact an on-call emergency plumber immediately.
5. Do You Have Vulnerable Family Members?
Do you have family members who will be at an increased risk of danger due to the plumbing issue? For example, if you have an elderly family member who is sensitive to cold, you’ll want immediate help if your water heater is not working.
When in doubt, contact an emergency plumber to ensure the problem is not serious. A licensed emergency plumber can assess the situation, provide repairs if necessary, and ensure that you, your loved ones, and your property are safe.
What To Look For In An Emergency Plumber
It’s worth deciding on an on-call emergency plumber before you experience an emergency. Researching emergency plumbers in advance can save precious time in the event of a gas leak, burst pipes, or water leaks.
When deciding on an emergency plumber, consider factors such as:
- How many years of experience do they have in the industry?
- Is the phone answered by a knowledgeable team member, not an answering machine?
- Getting through to an actual, helpful person is crucial if you are needing support and immediate assistance during a plumbing emergency.
- What are their accreditations or memberships?
- Are they insured and licensed?
- What is the estimated wait time in the event of a plumbing emergency?
- Do they offer follow-up services to ensure the problem was fully resolved?
Why Choose Expand Group
Along with being experts in the industry, our emergency plumbers are caring and genuinely committed to the safety and well-being of every customer we work with. From gas fittings to gas leaks, we are here to provide professional plumbing services anytime you need them, day or night.
We’re dedicated to keeping you and your family safe, which is why we offer our 24-hour plumbing service. Our team of licensed emergency plumbers is always a simple phone call away. Contact Expand Group and we’ll arrive promptly to assess your plumbing or gas issue and provide an immediate resolution.
We’ve proudly offered professional plumbing services in Perth for years and are proud of the reputation we’ve built as trusted emergency plumbers. Our ultimate goal is to make sure we provide the highest quality service and customer satisfaction while ensuring our customers are safe and comfortable.
What To Do in a Plumbing Emergency
If you are experiencing a plumbing or gas emergency, especially a gas leak, there are important steps to take to keep you and your family members safe until an emergency plumber arrives.
In the event of a plumbing emergency:
- If you are in danger, remove yourself, your family members, and your pets from the property
- Place buckets under any leaks, if possible, to minimise water damage
- Turn on any outside lights if the plumbing emergency occurs at night (this helps increase your property’s visibility to make it easy to find right away)
- If you are safe but worried about certain items in your home, move any valuables outside or to a higher floor
- Take pictures of the damage (again, only if your safety is not a concern) for future reference for insurance claims
- Shut off your home’s main water line
- If a water leak is occurring near your electrical appliances, check your fuse box to see if it is dry. If it is, turn it off and turn off any electrical appliances that are near the leak. When in doubt, always remove yourself from the property — keeping yourself and your family safe is the top priority
Have a Question About Emergency Plumbing?
Several problems can affect your plumbing system and lead to a plumbing emergency. Plumbing emergencies can cause severe harm to you and your property. If you find yourself facing a gas leak, hot water system problems, leaking pipes, or blocked pipes, it is important to contact an on-call emergency plumber immediately.
When you contact our dedicated team at Expand Group, we’ll send an on-call emergency plumber to your home or business immediately to assess and resolve the problem. We’re committed to keeping you safe at all times and helping your home or business run smoothly.
Call us anytime — day or night — if you are ever in need of 24-hour plumbing services or simply need assistance determining if you are facing a plumbing emergency. We’re available 24/7 to provide immediate, professional assistance for all your plumbing and gas needs.